Gnutti Sebastiano & Figli was founded in 1906, the year in which its founder started a small artisan production of shovels, picks and agricultural tools in Lumezzane. Production continued throughout the years leading up to the Second World War, when the company was compelled to convert its production to making detonating fuses and items for war weapons, and a new plant was built in 1942 (the present legal head office) employing about 300 workers.
At the end of World War II, the company once more had to face the difficult process of reconverting and around 1946 the production of valves and gate valves for regulating the flow of liquids was started. Towards the end of the forties, GS extended its range of products to include taps and fittings becoming in this way unique among the over 400 companies in this sector in Italy.
GS is, in fact, even today the only company capable of producing at the same time a vast range of taps and fittings and valves.
In 1970, GS became a joint stock company and this period saw the start and rapid growth of exports to various European countries, to the United States and the Middle East. In 1975, in order to increase production capacity and to improve logistics a new plant was opened about 10 km from Lumezzane which houses the main production processes.
Manufacturing from two plants and having a total covered area of 20,000 sq.m. Gnutti Sebastiano & Figli is, at present, the Italian company with the widest range of taps and valves for water, gas and steam purposes.
By studying and designing its products in its modernly equipped laboratory, the company creates and experiments new solutions in compliance with the most important European standards.
With an eye to continual expansion, the company exports at present more than 60% of its production.
Gnutti Sebastiano & Figli spa enjoys the highest qualifications.????Our quality system has been certified to be in accordance with ISO 9001 as of 2000 to replace ISO 9002 acquired in 1994.????Other International certifications include Advantica (formerly British Gas) and CSA.
GS was among the first Italian manufacturers in the sanitary taps, single lever mixers and valves to receive this certificate; a clear confirmation of the achievement of an important objective: “certified quality” in all the activities, sectors and departments of the company; a guarantee of reliability throughout all its organization.
This certification means absolute respect of all the severe standards established at an international level by IQNET (to which ICIM adheres), based on managerial criteria for company activities, which are very selective and advanced.